GamerLance Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GamerLance Forums

Welcome to GamerLance Forums, where you can discuss Video Games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Useful NFE's

Go down 
+5
WallyWorld121212
Elements
darkiway
Zakki
Dinomen12
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dinomen12
Trainee
Dinomen12

Pokedollars : 735

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 4:06 am

Note: Im not sure if this is allowed for me to make, please inform me about it. If im not allowed to do this, it will be deleted immediatly. And also, im not sure if someting like this belongs here, so please tell me that too!

You think NFE's cant be helpful? You think they are bad and not good to battle with? Then you are wrong!
I will prove in this topic that they CAN be helpful in lower tier battles (like NU/UU). Pokemons that are in OU and you cant use them in NU/UU? No need to worry! Because there are still NFE's! (BTW, NFE = Not Fully Evolved)
NFE's : http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/nfe

Here is a set that might be useful in NU:

Yanmega wannabe. (Lead)

Useful NFE's 1287895118-840

Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Sp.Att 252 Spe 4 HP
Moveset:
~ Protect
~ Bug Buzz
~ Air Slash
~ Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Fire

If you can't use Yanmega, why not yanma then? the only problem is that his stats are slightly bad.

Got any other good sets? Post them here!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Dinomen12
Zakki
Trainee
Zakki

Badges Earned : 6 badges
Pokedollars : 880

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 7:20 am

Better yanma

Useful NFE's 1287895118-840

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Compond Eyes
Nature: Timid
Sp.Atk 252/Sp.Def 4/Speed 252
Moveset:
~Substitute.
~Hypnosis
~Bug Buzz
~Air Slash

Will never miss.
Back to top Go down
Dinomen12
Trainee
Dinomen12

Pokedollars : 735

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:18 pm

yanma doesn't have the best speed you know. But its a cool one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Dinomen12
darkiway
Trainee
darkiway

Badges Earned : 1 badge
Pokedollars : 2026

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 1:48 pm

Off the top of my head, here are 2 powerful NFEs that should be considered for battles: Rhydon and Gabite.

Rhyperior might be strong, but rhydon is only slightly weaker. A rock polish set is as efficient with rhydon as any other rock polish pokemon.

Gabite's average atk and speed may seem lackluster, but its got stab ourage and earthquake.
scarf, salal or liechi sets do very well.
Back to top Go down
Zakki
Trainee
Zakki

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 2:54 pm

Not to bite on you, Dark, but really those of Magneton, Rhyperior, Scyther, Tangela (though Tangrowth MUCH improved it), Dusklops, Onix, Murkrow, Electibuzz, Magmar, Sneasel, Lickitung, togetic, Piloswine, Porygon /2, Nosepass, are technically NFE, but ARE NOT NFE. There's a true reason why NFE is not considered a proper teir and why its either normal teiring or Little cup.

Back to top Go down
Elements
Trainee
Elements

Badges Earned : IV-16 V-3
Pokedollars : 4421

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 3:34 pm

NFE Pokemon such as Trapinch are NU and then Scyther, Sneasel, and Chansey are even UU... o.0

Although they still technically are NFE... meh, it's confusing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PokeWorldDP
Zakki
Trainee
Zakki

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Yes so you see the predicament
Back to top Go down
darkiway
Trainee
darkiway

Badges Earned : 1 badge
Pokedollars : 2026

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 3:50 pm

Doesnt change the fact gabite is awesome Razz and no one uses poor rhydon. Heck, even rhyhorn is usable.
Back to top Go down
Zakki
Trainee
Zakki

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 3:52 pm

No any of those that have evolutions under THEM would be NFE.
Back to top Go down
WallyWorld121212
Trainee
WallyWorld121212

Badges Earned : 2
Pokedollars : 125

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:02 am

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Clampearl yet, even w/ it's new 5th Gen move.

Clampearl @ DeepSeaScale / Focus Sash
(Bold) 252 DF and Sp.Df / 4 Sp.ATK
-Shell Break
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Hidden Power(Electric) / Confuse Ray

I going to make a Huntail set like this, but, I bet it could work with Clampearl to.
Back to top Go down
MrOHKO
Trainee
MrOHKO

Badges Earned : 3
Pokedollars : 3138

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:55 am

Its better to consider NFE as just another tier, and not a tier for just nfe pokes, that way it makes sense that some nfe pokes are in their and others arent, its just a rank, they really should call it another name to avoid any confusion tho.
Back to top Go down
ninetalescommander
Trainee
ninetalescommander

Pokedollars : 316

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 2:32 pm

"If you think NFE are useless, then you are wrong"
That's 1 awesome line, I completely agree

Here is a Elekid set I use on my PBR Videos

Elekid
Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Spd
Focus Sash
Counter, Quick Attack, Thunder Wave & Light Screen

Now for the description for each use

Counter - This takes advantage of Elekid's terrible defense and puts it to good use.
Simply send Elekid out against a physical attack that isn't a ghost type and there ya have it.
I've taken out the likes of Garchomp, Salamence, Tyranitar and Metagross with it.

Quick Attack - Simple reason: Focus Sashers, there is always the chance that Focus Sash could stop Counter from KO so this works as insurance

Thunder Wave - A perfect move for messing sweepers up and gives you something to use on Ghosts and Special attackers. Also great for team support

Light Screen - Works with Thunder Wave, simple halve your opponent's speed with Thunder Wave and then get Light Screen up. Once again, very good for team support.

Extras note: I've been told that its better to move the 252 Ev's in atk to HP so Counter will do more damage, do you guys think I should do that?

That's it really, let me know what ya think
Back to top Go down
Elements
Trainee
Elements

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 7:47 am

Putting the EVs in HP instead probably would help since Quick Attack is your only attacking move and it's not really for attacking, more team support
Back to top Go down
ninetalescommander
Trainee
ninetalescommander

Pokedollars : 316

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:05 pm

PokeWorldDP wrote:
Putting the EVs in HP instead probably would help since Quick Attack is your only attacking move and it's not really for attacking, more team support

Well that's 3 people that have told me to, I will then
Back to top Go down
Barney Stinson
Trainee
Barney Stinson

Badges Earned : Twelve
Pokedollars : 1156

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 9:15 pm

Karp of the Magik.
Back to top Go down
JimmyCrystal
Trainee
JimmyCrystal

Badges Earned : Do we even have gyms anymore?
Pokedollars : 106

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:49 pm

I've had excellent luck running some NFE's in trick room. Whole teams of NFE pokemon can become viable due to the fact that under trick room, they can outspeed almost all OU pokemon. This is even more effective in ubers, as almost nothing there is below base 90 speed, but the lower attacking stats are a bit of a turn off.

Also, just for fun:

Set name: F.E.A.R.
Rattata
@focus sash
lvl 5
evs in whatever you want
nature doesnt matter
-endeavor
-quick attack
-toxic
-super fang

This set plays with little variation. The attack you, you are brought down to you focus sash. You endeavor, bringing them to one hp. If they don't attack you, they are at 11 hp. If they attacked you, you finish up with quick attack. if not, you can toxic them well they continue to set up/or attack you (your focus sash should catch this). Super fang is filler.

NOTE: This set is walled by ghost types. it is also countered pretty well by weather. entry hazards make it useless, but it mostly runs as a lead. It's pretty gimmicky, but its really fulfilling when rattata takes down, say, a kyogre. Some other pokemon like swinub can pull this off.

Another pokemon that can function somewhat more legitimately through surprise value is Numel thanks to one thing: Simple. While camerupt gets the ability solid rock, numel has simple allowing you to baton pass it boosts and ave them double. Kind of a Bibarel with surprise value.
Back to top Go down
Elements
Trainee
Elements

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 8:59 pm

I think Endeavor, Quick Attack, Taunt, and Pursuit would work better for F.E.A.R. Rattata. Taunt would force them to attack you so you can Endeavor at 1 HP and Pursuit can catch a Pokemon switching away from the obvious Quick Attack if you predict well.
Back to top Go down
JimmyCrystal
Trainee
JimmyCrystal

Badges Earned : Do we even have gyms anymore?
Pokedollars : 106

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:47 am

I see how taunt could work, but pursuit... if you think they're going to switch out, then you can endeavor again, which will hurt their team much more than losing the one poke, especially if you can get entry hazards up, or if you have any sort of priority. So I would prefer toxic to get the KO against pokemon that don't attack you, as this would let you endeavor and quick attack their next pokemon as well, giving you 2 KO's instead of one. I do like the idea of taunt though, it would definately be more useful than super fang.
Back to top Go down
Elements
Trainee
Elements

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:32 pm

Well... Pursuit helps against Regenerators Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Useful NFE's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Useful NFE's   Useful NFE's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Useful NFE's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GamerLance Forums :: School of Hard Knocks :: Oak's Pokemon Academy-
Jump to: