GamerLance Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GamerLance Forums

Welcome to GamerLance Forums, where you can discuss Video Games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Questions concerning the games.

Go down 
+2
Elements
darkiway
6 posters
AuthorMessage
darkiway
Trainee
darkiway

Badges Earned : 1 badge
Pokedollars : 2026

Questions concerning the games. Empty
PostSubject: Questions concerning the games.   Questions concerning the games. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 8:40 am

hello, Darkiway here asking YOU if there is something you would like to ask US, the pokemon profs of this forum.
Chances are we can answer your questions, and the questions here could make fine topics for our lectures.
Don't be afraid to ask even the dumbest questions, it may save your bacon during an actual battle.
Back to top Go down
Elements
Trainee
Elements

Badges Earned : IV-16 V-3
Pokedollars : 4421

PostSubject: Re: Questions concerning the games.   Questions concerning the games. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:54 pm

lol, I doubt you'll be able to answer this atm, but I want to know it.

In the 5th Generation, it has been announced that the ability Sturdy will not only prevent OHKO moves, but it also makes a Pokemon survive at 1 HP if they take an attack that would normally KO them, but they will only survive if they had been taken on with full HP. It's kind of like a built-in Focus Sash.

My question is, if Sturdy activates and you use Rest + Chesto Berry to heal yourself up, will it work a second time?

Once again, it's something I don't think anyway could answer at the moment, but I want to know if that would work
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PokeWorldDP
MrOHKO
Trainee
MrOHKO

Badges Earned : 3
Pokedollars : 3138

PostSubject: Re: Questions concerning the games.   Questions concerning the games. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:01 pm

Awesome question, real head scratcher for the forum profs no doubt, and i love that your already plotting 5th gen battle strategies, you'l go far with that mentality buddy!!
Back to top Go down
froggrunner
Trainee
froggrunner

Pokedollars : 1035

PostSubject: Re: Questions concerning the games.   Questions concerning the games. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Thats absolutely crazy DP. Hopefully that doesn't happen!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TehPokemonRater
Elements
Trainee
Elements

Badges Earned : IV-16 V-3
Pokedollars : 4421

PostSubject: Re: Questions concerning the games.   Questions concerning the games. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:02 pm

Hopefully it does! I need to use Bastiodon D=
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PokeWorldDP
darkiway
Trainee
darkiway

Badges Earned : 1 badge
Pokedollars : 2026

PostSubject: Re: Questions concerning the games.   Questions concerning the games. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:37 am

If it actually works like a focus sash, then yes. I experimented a bit with my ursula pass once, and it has wish on it. my plusle was injured, and I managed to wish-switch on a curse with plusle. Plusle was healed, and the next turn, the focus sash was activated, allowing me to 2 hit ko my opponent.

Since sturdy wont disappear after one use, its pretty obvious it'll work.
Back to top Go down
Oak
Trainee
Oak

Pokedollars : 276

PostSubject: Re: Questions concerning the games.   Questions concerning the games. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:04 am

Does Scarfed Ditto work? I can't be bothered to test it.
Back to top Go down
Zakki
Trainee
Zakki

Badges Earned : 6 badges
Pokedollars : 880

PostSubject: Re: Questions concerning the games.   Questions concerning the games. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 7:33 pm

To the first question of Sturdy, Like Dark said, it probably will work if you return to full. You probably had a weird thought because of many of the Comp Battlers on videos say "I broke the sash," but in actuality, it would still work if it was some how put somewhere else.

To the second question, I believe a Scarf Ditto works on the first turn only, and then you struggle for the rest of the turns until you switch out, being that it registers Transform as the only move to use. There is a reason "Quick Powder" was made, Oak.

Edit: Please sink your banners people or i'll start turning them off in this forum until they are fixed. And that means you too, Oak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions concerning the games.   Questions concerning the games. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions concerning the games.
Page 1 of 1