GamerLance Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GamerLance Forums

Welcome to GamerLance Forums, where you can discuss Video Games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EV training guide. The basics

Go down 
+5
Unusedcheetah29
WallyWorld121212
ccharizardd77
TitanniumMan141
darkiway
9 posters
AuthorMessage
darkiway
Trainee
darkiway

Badges Earned : 1 badge
Pokedollars : 2026

EV training guide. The basics Empty
PostSubject: EV training guide. The basics   EV training guide. The basics Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:54 am

Hello everyone. This here is a guide to explain to casual pokemon trainers how to ev train their pokemon. This is a basic lesson, and if you thought you were good without this, just wait until you have an ev'ed team.

1. What the f*** am I talking about?

EVs (effort value) are the result of ev training. They're stats that were added to your pokemon. Every pokemon in the game ends up with an EV spread, even if you didnt do it properly. Controlling your EVs, it is possible to make pokemon considerably harder, better, faster, stronger.

2. I can make my darlings into warmachines!?! How do I do it!?!

Although it may seem compicated at first, it really isn't. Here are the basics:

-When you defeat a pokemon in the game, the defeated pokemon hands out EPs (effort points)

-Every time you get 4 eps in a stat, your stat gets 1 EV (in other words, the stat goes up 1)

- There is a maximum of 255 EPs in a single stat

- There is a maximum of 510 evs total

- You can see what kinds of evs a pokemon gives on sites such as serebii.

-Items exist to multiply the EPs gained. : those are the macho brace and the power items (power armlet, band etc)

- There exists a virus your pokemon can catch that doubles the EPs gained.
Back to top Go down
TitanniumMan141
Trainee
TitanniumMan141

Badges Earned : 17
Pokedollars : 1554

PostSubject: Re: EV training guide. The basics   EV training guide. The basics Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:12 am

Yeah, the virus is called Pokerus. I't's really rare though. I only got it once in my SoulSilver.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkPlatinumHero91
ccharizardd77
Trainee
ccharizardd77

Badges Earned : 13
Pokedollars : 1487

PostSubject: Re: EV training guide. The basics   EV training guide. The basics Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:04 am

I got pokerus like 5 times on my platinum game!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ccharizardd77
WallyWorld121212
Trainee
WallyWorld121212

Badges Earned : 2
Pokedollars : 125

PostSubject: Re: EV training guide. The basics   EV training guide. The basics Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:26 am

I know how to do it. . . but it just takes Frickin for ever study
Back to top Go down
Unusedcheetah29

Unusedcheetah29

Pokedollars : 25

PostSubject: Re: EV training guide. The basics   EV training guide. The basics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 1:26 pm

Could we have info on the more advanced things like what to train them against and where the pokemon are?
Back to top Go down
PeregrineMuon
Trainee
PeregrineMuon

Pokedollars : 321

PostSubject: Re: EV training guide. The basics   EV training guide. The basics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 3:38 pm

One way to do that is to simply find an area in game where there are Pokemon to train against that award the correct EV's. Another way to do it--which takes far less time--is to find a trainer that has a set of Pokemon that only give you a certain type of ev. For instance, in the fourth generation games, there was a trainer that had 6 Magikarp, which would give you speed. As far as I know, there was a trainer for each of these except for the defenses, I believe. Basically, though, that second method depends on which game you're playing.

As for what you can train them against to give you certain ev's, I'd recommend this page: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/

If you scroll down, you'll come to the part that lists every Poke by the type and amount of ev's each one gives. Just click on the type that you want.
Back to top Go down
Elements
Trainee
Elements

Badges Earned : IV-16 V-3
Pokedollars : 4421

PostSubject: Re: EV training guide. The basics   EV training guide. The basics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 3:59 pm

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/946308-pokemon-platinum-version/faqs/56146
^Platinum EVing "hotspots"

http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml
^At the bottom of the page it should have a list of good places to EV.

Trainers are easier to train against IMO, but there's nothing you can do if you can't rematch trainers whenever you want... (ex: HGSS and BW)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PokeWorldDP
darkiway
Trainee
darkiway

Badges Earned : 1 badge
Pokedollars : 2026

PostSubject: Re: EV training guide. The basics   EV training guide. The basics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 4:05 pm

in that case, maybe we should make our own thread detailing ev training hot spots
Back to top Go down
KingDon 9162
Admin
Glacier Gym Leader

AdminGlacier Gym Leader
KingDon 9162

Pokedollars : 1320

PostSubject: Re: EV training guide. The basics   EV training guide. The basics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Well no has mentioned the 3rd option which is using AR and the modifier code which allows you to repeatedly battle the same poke at whatever level you want.
Back to top Go down
LordN
Trainee
LordN

Badges Earned : 5
Pokedollars : 454

PostSubject: Re: EV training guide. The basics   EV training guide. The basics Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 9:16 pm

thnx so much darki this helped meh so much thnx ur the best dude
Back to top Go down
Elements
Trainee
Elements

Badges Earned : IV-16 V-3
Pokedollars : 4421

PostSubject: Re: EV training guide. The basics   EV training guide. The basics Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:30 pm

PeregrineMuon wrote:
One way to do that is to simply find an area in game where there are Pokemon to train against that award the correct EV's. Another way to do it--which takes far less time--is to find a trainer that has a set of Pokemon that only give you a certain type of ev. For instance, in the fourth generation games, there was a trainer that had 6 Magikarp, which would give you speed. As far as I know, there was a trainer for each of these except for the defenses, I believe. Basically, though, that second method depends on which game you're playing.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/946308-pokemon-platinum-version/faqs/56146
Those are listed here...

Defense has one, but Special Defense does not.

Oh, and Darki, what's a Power "Armlet"? Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PokeWorldDP
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EV training guide. The basics   EV training guide. The basics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EV training guide. The basics
Page 1 of 1