GamerLance Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GamerLance Forums

Welcome to GamerLance Forums, where you can discuss Video Games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokemon GO

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cmndrkool321
Trainee
Cmndrkool321

Pokedollars : 131

Pokemon GO Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon GO   Pokemon GO Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 1:56 am

I am going to start off a long-deserved conversation about Pokemon GO, the newest Pokemon game trailer released earlier this week.

This looks really cool right now, but here are my thoughts of what I picked up, and what is known about Pokemon GO:

1) IT'S FREE TO PLAY!

2) It's going to be released on iPhone and Android devices

3) The game uses augmented reality as a method of playing the game. The game uses real-world map coordinates where you can catch Pokemon wherever you go! They unfortunately are not going to appear in real life though lol

4) There will be a wrist band that you can buy in the game that has Bluetooth connection to your game. It must come with some sort of way to give the more hardcore users of the game an advantage by getting updates quicker.

5) The developers of the game is Niantic Labs, the developers of Ingress, another augmented reality game that uses real-world coordinates to play. Now has anybody here ever played Ingress before? I played it once when I borrowed my friend's Andriod phone to travel around Grand Rapids, Michigan to play the game. The game is a sci-fi game that has two teams you must choose from when you start the game. Because I don't know the lore, I will just name them Blue team and Green team. There are preset "portals" that you must visit to secure for your team. You can go to ally portals to repair and add more defense to a portal, or go to an enemy portal in attempt to take it over. The game updates you if a portal you helped build is being attacked so you can race over to your location to defend it!

Now I believe this relates to Pokemon GO because of the "preset portals" part. in Ingress, the places portals are must meet the following requirements:

1) Must be public. No private property or locations that restrict players from getting to (ie. the White House)
2) Must be open at least 24 hours a day. (there are a few exceptions)
3) Most are outdoors to accommodate the 24-hours-a-day rule (but a few rare exceptions are held indoors)

A lot of portals in Ingress are:

Church parking lots (every church I seen has one so far lol)
College campuses
Museums
Libraries
Statues & fountains
Parks

I believe there will be portals where a Pokemon will be available for capture. The Pokemon will remain there for a limited time or until someone gets there first to capture it; so it's like a race to get the location for the Pokemon! (Those would also be the hot spots to find trainers to battle!) This would be a better idea than encountering a random Pokemon out of nowhere. If you start screaming at your phone because you saw a Pidgey while grocery shopping, people would look at you like you were crazy, or think you're me! lol!

Thoughts, opinions, and questions?
Back to top Go down
Cmndrkool321
Trainee
Cmndrkool321

Pokedollars : 131

Pokemon GO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon GO   Pokemon GO Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 11:04 pm

Pokemon Go gameplay has been leaked at a conference! Man shows the overworld map and catches an Ivysaur. It looks quite relateable to Ingress. If you ever join Ingress, join the Blue team, the Resistance and be on my team lol.

Back to top Go down
MrOHKO
Trainee
MrOHKO

Badges Earned : 3
Pokedollars : 3138

Pokemon GO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon GO   Pokemon GO Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 9:15 am

Hey Cmndr, just seeing these messages, so tell me now that some time has passed is pokemon GO still fun and playable or did it get boring fast?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pokemon GO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon GO   Pokemon GO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon GO
Page 1 of 1